The car engine is something like your heart, and if you take good care of it, you will have a car for a while. In addition to normal maintenance activities, a number of additional measures can be taken to ensure that the system operates optimally. It’s about paying attention to both the accessories you use and your driving style. You may also be interested in How to take care of my car engine.
Steps to follow
- Removing the catalyst from the car can improve the performance of your engine, meaning it will be a little more powerful. However, you have to take into account that you will pollute the atmosphere more and acoustically. It is also possible that you have trouble passing the BTI or that you will be fined if you pollute above what is allowed.
- If you avoid turning on the air conditioning while driving, you can also improve engine performance. Therefore, it is known that the intake of air reduces the power of the car. Either way, you don’t want to drive in very high temperatures either. You have to evaluate what is most important at all times and whether you have to sacrifice some power for the sake of better conditions in the cabin.
- Using the manufacturer’s recommended brand or type of oil is another way to improve your car’s engine performance. In any case, always use quality marks to grease the different parts that make up the engine and you will make sure that the mechanism works correctly.
- In addition, you have the possibility of using additives whose function is precise to improve the performance of the car engine. These products usually work by reducing friction and improving the composition of the fuel.
- A smooth ride is also a good ally to improve the performance of the car’s engine. If you avoid subjecting the engine to sudden acceleration, you will do the right thing so that your engine remains in good condition over the course of miles and years.
If you take all these tips into consideration and do proper general maintenance, you will have an engine with optimal performance and, moreover, you will contribute to extending its useful life.
When you want to give your engine more power, aftermarkets are your buddy. However, keep in mind to consult your technician if necessary. Installation can be simple.