Are you expecting a baby or do you want to buy a stroller for your family outings, or just for everyday use? This puzzle is that of all parents: how to combine comfort and practicality? How to fit this full-fledged means of locomotion in your car trunk without going through the obstacle course?
This is where the Best Infant Car Seat Stroller Combo comes in! Practical, easy to use, the manufacturers of this revolutionary stroller wanted to delight both babies and their parents.
But what are these characteristics that make it an exceptional stroller? Why choose it? Here are some details that will not leave you indifferent!
Best Infant Car Seat Stroller Combo 2022
In the wake of the many purchases in anticipation of the baby’s arrival, the Choice of a Combo Stroller for Infant should not be neglected. She will become your best friend! Thanks to her, you can go wherever you want with your baby. Your pace of life, the place where you live and your favorite activities will necessarily influence your purchase.
But, indeed, choosing a Car Seat Stroller Combo is a complex and arid task. There are as many models as there are necessities, and all have their strengths and weaknesses.
Also Read: Best Fog Lights For Cars
Best Infant Car Seat Stroller Combo | Comparison Table 2022
|Britax B-Lively & B-Safe Gen2 Travel System, Cobblestone SafeWash [Amazon Exclusive]||BRITAX||Check Price|
|Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System With SafeMax Car Seat||Evenflo||Check Price|
|Maxi-Cosi Zelia²Max 5-in-1 Modular Travel System, Tetra Graphite||Maxi-Cosi||Check Price|
|Baby Trend Nexton Travel System, Coral Floral||Baby Trend||Check Price|
|Graco FastAction Fold Jogger Travel System | Includes the FastAction Fold Jogging Stroller and SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat, Gotham||Graco||Check Price|
|Baby Trend Sit N Stand Lightweight Travel Double Umbrella Baby Stroller and Toddler Infant Car Seat Combo, Magnolia||Baby Trend||Check Price|
|BOB Revolution Flex 3.0 Travel System with B-Safe Gen2 Infant Car Seat Graphite Black||BOB Gear||Check Price|
|Peg Perego Booklet 50 Travel System, Mon Amour||Peg Perego||Check Price|
|Graco Modes Jogger 2.0 Travel System | Includes Jogging Stroller and SnugRide SnugLock 35 LX Infant Car Seat, Haven||Graco||Check Price|
Best Infant Car Seat Stroller Combo | 2022 Products Overview
Also Read: Best Lumbar Support For Car Seat
Also Read: Best Spark Plugs For Racing
Also Read: Best Car Seat For 3 Years Old
The Decisive factors for choosing the Best Infant Car Seat Stroller Combo 2022 | Buyer’s Guide
For several years now, modular systems for infants have been on the market and have enjoyed great success: practical and intelligent solutions that combine in a single article functions previously performed by separate systems, such as the stroller, the pram, and the car seat.
With the purchase of a modular system, new parents are therefore assured of invaluable help for the transport of their children from birth to the earliest years of age.
We have already dealt with the most complete of these systems, namely the Chicco Bravo Trio, which brings together pram, stroller, and car seat/car seat. A less complete, but at the same time cheaper, the system is the duo stroller that we deal with in this buying guide: this obviously consists of a stroller module, which in some models can itself be used as a pram, and one of the following modules.
- Pram/carrycot: almost all duo stroller models include the classic pram module alongside the actual stroller. In many cases the wheelchair itself, detached, can be used as a carrycot;
- Car seat: in less common cases, the car seat is placed next to the stroller.
The choice of the combination must obviously reflect the real transport needs. Let’s see below what the guiding criteria to follow in making a careful choice should be.
The first concern of a parent is of course for the safety of their child: whatever combination of modules you choose, we, therefore, recommend that you evaluate the safety devices present on both before proceeding with the purchase.
As for the frame, the aspect to pay attention to is the locking system of the wheels when the stroller is stationary: the classic system includes a bar, operated with one foot, which simultaneously blocks the two rear wheels of the stroller. A variable of this system is that of single blocks: in this case, there is, on each of the two rear wheels, a lever that blocks them individually.
In more recent years, a further system has been added aimed instead at braking during movement: it is now possible to find strollers equipped with a disc brake duo stroller. not unlike those of bicycles, operated exactly like the latter by a lever on the handlebar. The presence of the brakes on the handlebar is a sure aid during walking: it helps to slow down and stop the stroller in reduced times and spaces, as well as saving a considerable amount of effort for the driver.
Also Read: Best Air Purifier For Car
Security of the individual modules
Each of the modules then has specific safety systems: let’s see which ones.
In the case of the stroller module, whether or not it is an element that also functions as a pram, we must first examine the seat belts. Consider the bindings first: five-point belts are generally firmer and safer than three-point belts .
Then evaluate the thickness of the bands, the presence of any padding, and their location: better substantial protection both on the shoulder straps and on the leg separator than no protection or only one on the shoulder straps.
Another safety element that may or may not be on the stroller module is the bumper bar: a rigid bar installed on the front which on the one hand protects the child from accidental bumps, on the other hand also offers greater safety against falling.
The pram is designed to accommodate babies lying down in their very first months of life, therefore it is not equipped with safety belts or with comparable systems to secure the infant inside.
What you can evaluate in this case is the thickness and density of the padding, both external and internal. It is not only a question of guaranteeing comfort and softness to the child, but also of understanding how much the wheelchair is deformable in the event of accidental impacts and how much absorbent it has against an impact.
Car seat module
On the contrary, the module for transporting children by car is the most specifically dedicated to safety, as it should be: a car accident, even at low speed, represents a much greater danger for the little ones. great than for adults.
In choosing the duo stroller, therefore, evaluate the main characteristics that a good car seat must have: the age range for which it is indicated, the US & European safety regulations to which it responds (this is a very important aspect since there have been frequent updates in recent years), the attachment system used (if compatible with your car, it is always better to opt for the most recent IsoFix system ) and, in fact, the compatibility of the seat with your car model.
In the most recent models, it will also be possible to find a precious anti-abandonment alarm system: it is usually a weight sensor installed in the seat capable of signaling to the driver if he has forgotten to release the child before closing the car.
Also Read: Best Infant Car Seat Stroller Combo
2. Sitting features
Once the choice regarding the safety aspect has been refined, it is obviously important to pay attention to the comfort of our children: the second important characteristic to be evaluated will therefore be the quality of the seat and the mattress. Also in this case we must distinguish between the various possible modules.
When evaluating the comfort of the main module, i.e. that of the stroller, we must not limit ourselves only to considering the thickness and softness of the padding: the comfort of the child also depends on other aspects.
To be precise, we advise you to pay attention to these characteristics:
- Reclining: it is common for small passengers to fall asleep during the walk. This is why it is important that the backrest of the stroller can be reclined: the more positions it can be locked in, the better;
- Reversibility: the best duo stroller models provide for the possibility of mounting the stroller module in any of the two directions, i.e. facing the street (with the child facing the front) or facing the parent (child facing the driver);
- Breathability: in the same way, a good model will have a highly breathable fabric lining, so as to guarantee a good level of comfort even during the hot months and longer walks;
- Removability: this feature will actually interest parents more than children, but we advise you to select a model with a removable cover, easy to clean and machine wash if necessary.
Also Read: Best Tire Pressure Gauges
The wheelchair module, where present, must also be evaluated according to parameters similar to those adopted for the stroller, namely:
- Reclining: in the pram, it is usually never possible to raise the child in a sitting position, but in the best models it is possible to tilt the bottom or just the head area at three or four different angles, depending on the child’s preferences;
- Breathability: even more so for younger children, who lie wrapped in blankets in the pram, perspiration is of fundamental importance. It is therefore important to check that fabrics and padding allow sweat to evaporate, keeping children cool and dry;
- Removability: also, in this case, it is advisable to check that the wheelchair covers can be removed and possibly washed in the washing machine;
- Compartments: the best wheelchair models offer, inside, small pockets and compartments in which to keep objects of common use, such as a pacifier, at hand.
Beyond this, of course, we will have to evaluate the thickness and softness of the mattress.
Also Read: Best JBL Speakers For Car
Car seat module
As we have already said, in the case of the car seat module the main parameters to consider are those concerning the safety of the child.
From the point of view of comfort, the aspects to be evaluated are few but significant:
- Reclining: even more so on a moving vehicle, it can happen that the little ones doze off, reconciled by regular motion. A good car seat will have, like strollers, some reclining positions that will help the little ones sleep more comfortably;
- Rails: the best seat models will also be equipped with padded side rails that better guarantee the stability of children, especially younger ones;
- Breathability: identical speech with respect to the two modules described, it is better than a car seat is equipped with a breathable coating to avoid redness from sweat during longer journeys;
- Removability: as with all the other modules, the car seat will also be particularly easy to clean and sanitize if its cover can be removed and washed in the washing machine.
Safety and comfort are undoubtedly the two most important aspects to weigh in making your choice, but there are also other features that can make a duo stroller may or may not be practical for parents to use. Let’s see which ones.
Notwithstanding that of course the weight of the duo stroller varies according to the module mounted on the frame, it is worthwhile to evaluate the overall weight of the structure. It goes without saying that a stroller of this type must necessarily be heavier than a pure and simple stroller, but it is still possible to choose wisely a relatively light model and therefore more manageable to maneuver.
Almost all models will feature a lightweight aluminum frame, sturdy but relatively light: the weight, with the stroller module mounted, usually starts at 8 kg in the best models, but can easily exceed the 14 kg threshold.
Also Read: Best Car Seat Covers For Hot Weather
Few things are as frustrating as fumbling around trying to fold the stroller on the fly when in a hurry to load it into the car and go somewhere, so we suggest you evaluate (and if possible try!) The folding system of your new duo stroller first. of the purchase.
There are two most common systems: the book-type and the umbrella one.
- Folding: of the two, the folding closure is probably the more cumbersome and often requires the use of both hands. Its advantage, however, is that it allows the closed stroller to stand up, and is therefore excellent if we have to keep the stroller parked without cluttering too much;
- Umbrella: the umbrella closure is normally the simplest and fastest, in many cases it can also be operated with one hand. For example, it is perfect for quickly storing the duo stroller in the trunk of the car, but has the disadvantage of not allowing the structure to stand up independently.
Finally, another important check concerns the possibility of folding the duo stroller with the module mounted, be it stroller, pram, or car seat.
Also Read: Best CVT Transmission Fluid
The maneuverability is crucial for a duo stroller since, as we have said, certainly weighs more than a simple lightweight stroller.
This largely depends on the characteristics of the wheels, and in particular:
- Number: the more “sporty” duo stroller models can have three wheels instead of four. This allows greater agility precisely if you want to go jogging, for example, pushing the stroller;
- Dimensions: in general, larger wheels deal better with even rough terrain, such as a dirt path or a cobblestone pavement;
- Type: always on terrains other than asphalt and concrete, pneumatic wheels (i.e. with an inner tube) offer better performance in terms of grip and sliding. Classic wheels in plastic or solid foam are mostly suitable for urban surfaces and show their limits in the presence of irregularities;
- Mobility: the wheels of a duo stroller are always pivoting, that is to say, they rotate on themselves 360 °. There may be variables depending on whether only the front wheels are swiveling to allow steering, or also the rear wheels to allow a greater range of maneuvers.
As with any stroller or pram, there are basically two types of handles that can be found on a duo stroller: the single handle or the double handle.
We believe the first is more convenient, since it not only allows you to push the stroller when necessary even with one hand, but it is also often equipped with hooks and storage compartments very useful to always keep essential items close at hand ( sanitizing gel, baby bottle, etc.).
Also Read: Best Windshield Wiper Blades
Finally, we recommend not neglecting the number and type of accessories supplied with the duo stroller: many of the most common accessories improve the experience of use for both parents and children, so it is important to make sure as many as possible when purchasing. Here are the main ones:
- Hood: by far the most common of the accessories, the sun canopy can usually be attached to all modules;
- Rain cover: when included, the transparent plastic rain cover is usually applicable to the stroller module and only in rare cases also to the pram;
- Leg cover: this accessory applies only to the stroller module and serves to protect children from the cold in the coldest months of the year;
- Storage basket: this is also an extremely common accessory, it is normally applied to the lower part of the frame and allows you to always carry everything you need for your child;
- Bag: many duo strollers come with a large and comfortable bag, coordinated with the rest, which can be applied to the handle or carried over the shoulder;
- Bottle holder or object holder: to be mounted usually on the handle or on one of its uprights, this additional compartment is used to always have the bottle or other objects of immediate use at hand.
As is evident, you will have to evaluate the usefulness of the accessories based on several factors: the climate of your region, for example, or the actual need for storage compartments and bags (some parents prefer a “minimalist” approach).
Also Read: Best Car Seat Gap Filler
Best Stroller Car Seat Combo | Video Explanation
Other factors to keep in mind when choosing the duo stroller
Are the materials important?
As it will already be evident at this point, there are at least two valid reasons for paying attention to the quality of the materials used in the construction of a duo stroller.
From the parent driver’s point of view, the weight of the structure is a relevant factor, and the construction materials have a direct impact on it. So it will be important to make sure that the frame is made of lightened aluminum and that the rigid parts of the various modules, usually in plastic, are able to combine solidity and lightness.
From the point of view of children, on the other hand, comfort counts a lot: it makes sense then to pay attention to the softness and thickness of the padding present on the different modules.
Is the brand important?
When it comes to strollers, there are undoubtedly some brands that have been a guarantee of good quality for years: let’s think for example of Graco, Britax, or Nexton, brands well known to parents for their practical and long-lasting products.
This does not mean, of course, that the duo strollers offered by minor brands are necessarily more fragile or more uncomfortable: carefully evaluating all the aspects that we have illustrated will allow you to recognize a valid model even among those of lesser-known brands.
Also Read: Best Iridium Spark Plugs
Does the price matter?
The price argument goes hand in hand not only with the characteristics of a duo stroller but also with the brand of the stroller itself. As is often the case, in fact, the most well-known and prestigious brands detach even very high prices, while the lesser-known ones are often significantly cheaper.
More specifically, a “ branded ” duo stroller can cost approximately between $ 250 and $ 400, while a smaller brand model easily falls below the $ 200 threshold.
Hi, I am David Bailey a dedicated writer from Linden Bridge School with a degree in mechanical engineering and a degree in marketing. I strive to simplify complex subjects and like to explain complex and technical matters in an easy-to-understand manner. Read More Here